Cosgrove Church Tower Entrance

TOWER. The lower stage forms a porch. Five steps (of dark engineering bricks) down from the west doorway and a further three steps down into the nave. C14 tower arch, with three orders of attached shafts framing deep hollow chamfers. Moulded capitals and a triple-chamfered arch. Tower arch partly infilled, with a mid C18 round-headed doorway of painted timber, with key block. Oval Royal Arms of King George III in frame above. At south-west angle of the tower is the C14 doorway to the tower staircase, with an ogee head and hoodmould.

Entrance to the stairs in the tower
Brass under the Donor Board



THE TREBLE BELL COMMEMORATES
THE SILVER JUBILEE OF
KING GEORGE V
DEDICATED TO THE GLORY OF GOD
BY THE BISHOP OF THE DIOCESE
APRIL 19th 1936

Donor Board and transcription

In the Year of our Lord
1770 1771 1772 1773 1774
This Church and Chancel were Substantially repaired
new cieled and plaistered, the Windows new made and
Glazed with Crown Glass the Pulpit Desk and Pews new
built the Pavement new layed and the Whole Stucco
Washed and painted

Subscriptions for this Purpose were given by the
following Persons

L
S D
Charles Lord .... Maynard Patron
20
0 0
Pulter Forrester D. D. Rector
120
- -
John Biggin Esqr of this Parish
50
- -
John Mansel Esqr of this Parish
3
5 -
John Whalley Gent
3
3 -
Mr John Wilmer of Stony Stratford
3
3 -
Mr John Williams of Do
3
3 -
The Parishioners raised by Levies
and expended
.40
- -
320
0 0

In which Time
Thomas Shaw
Edward Jones
John Symons were Churchwardens.
The above Pulter Forrester D.D. gave by Will Twenty Pound
to the Poor of this Parish and to Passenham of which also
He was Rector
This is here recorded for the Imitation of Those who
Shall come after Them.
Note: Figures in red unsure readings
West Door